Sunday, March 28, 2010

20,000 Views!

Hey y'all - my new rationalist anthem "Off That" is a blatant rip-off of my favorite song on Jay-Z's latest album, but since I'm not selling it or profiting from it in any way, he can't touch me! The song is basically about moving on, out with the old and in with the new, only Hova's version is about fashions and mine is about ideas. Out with superstition, in with science, out with faith, in with reason, etc. If you haven't seen it yet, check it out here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAYVY2eLMck

So the big news is that it just passed 20,000 views on Youtube after just 8 days online! There is also a very lively debate going on with over a hundred comments, most of them positive, but some pretty negative, so obviously something in the song has struck a chord. It's meant to be provocative so as far as I'm concerned mission accomplished, but that doesn't mean I don't stand behind the message of the song. I mean it 100%, but I don't always phrase my views as strongly. It's kind of refreshing.

If you don't have a strong opinion about it either way then I hope you enjoy the top-notch production and visuals, but if you do have a strong opinion, please leave a comment and join the debate!

All the best from Cairo,

Baba

No comments: